The Abundant Life Blog
with John Guerrero
My name is John Guerrero. I’m a Christian husband, father, teacher, counselor-in-training, and writer. I live and work in a small town in Texas, where I’ve committed my life to making a difference, serving Jesus, blessing others, and impacting my little community. I write this blog to educate, equip, encourage, and enrich followers of God as they learn to live more like Jesus and navigate a faith-centered life.
Read my latest posts
- Making good goals for the new yearI’ve never been a big fan of New Year’s Resolutions. All too often, people make resolutions for the year, with big intentions and a heart-felt commitment to achieve their goals, but then after a few months the passion fizzes and the resolution fades away. I’ve been guilty of this so manyContinue reading “Making good goals for the new year”
- Grace for those who are imperfect but redeemedMy wife tells me often that I’m a great dad, that I’m a great husband, that I do a good job of taking care of things, that she appreciates me. I have to admit that I don’t always agree with her. I often struggle to see my own “goodness” even whenContinue reading “Grace for those who are imperfect but redeemed”
- Kids: Let Them Be Who God Made Them To BeMy son is 9. He’s still discovering his interests and skills. He’s a smart kid. He’s gifted in many areas. There are things that he enjoys and abilities that he’s developing. This is all a part of the normal process of growing up. There are also things that he just isn’tContinue reading “Kids: Let Them Be Who God Made Them To Be”
- 3 Principles for Understanding Our Purpose and Calling“God didn’t just stumble across your life and decide to use you.” This is a quote from my pastor’s sermon from this morning, as he talked about the calling that God has placed on all of our lives, and the fact that none of us has been forgotten when it comesContinue reading “3 Principles for Understanding Our Purpose and Calling”
- Viewing Enjoyment as WorshipI have come to greatly enjoy the art of fly fishing. I call it an art, because I’ve learned that it involves way more than just tossing a hook into the water and waiting for a fish to grab it. Fly fishing involves a technique that needs to be finely tunedContinue reading “Viewing Enjoyment as Worship”
- The Church, Disciples, Christianity: Sunday Scripture ThoughtsToday is Sunday – the day that millions of Christians will wake up, get themselves dressed and ready and “go to church.” They will worship, pray, hear some teaching, and (hopefully) find fellowship among other believers who encourage them for the week ahead. It’s a Sunday tradition that I myself grewContinue reading “The Church, Disciples, Christianity: Sunday Scripture Thoughts”
Sign up to get new posts delivered straight to your email!
Want a free weekly devotional message?
Sign up below to receive a FREE devotion every Sunday. I’ll share Scripture and insights each week that will help you live our your faith and navigate everyday life.